Kim also drew unwanted attention in 2018 during the series’ press conference, answering questions unenthusiastically and giving Seohyun a weird look when she tried to grab his arm to pose for pictures.

In newly exposed text messages allegedly between Seo and Kim, Seo allegedly pressured Kim “to change the script to delete romantic scenes and physical contact” and to “act cold” toward female co-stars and staff. Seo also frequently made sure that he did not interact with any female staff or his co-star on set and, at one point, she even asked him to send a video of himself on the set.
Kim reportedly replied: “I didn’t even say hi to the female crew members. I wasn’t being friendly to others either.”
Dispatch also said that Kim used his eating disorder as an excuse for the production team to change the storyline. The actor later withdrew from the MBC series during the middle of its broadcast run, after revealing that he had been experiencing health issues, including both eating and sleep disorders. “Kim has decided to step down … as the doctor had advised him to get some rest both psychologically and physically,” the agency said in a statement at that time.
Crash Landing on You stars’ dating rumour and the inter-agency dispute

Kim has also been in a dispute with his agency, O& Entertainment, after actress Seo Ji-hye’s agency Culture Depot denied rumours that the two are dating – by saying that they were only seen together to discuss his possible transfer to her agency.
“Kim’s withdrawal from Time made us suffer financial losses from losing sponsorships and such. But we took responsibility as the agency representing the actor,” O& Entertainment told local media outlets on April 8. “So it’s unfortunate that he is meeting with another agency to discuss a contract there when his current one is still valid for a considerable time.”
Park’s contract with O& is supposed to end in May. However, the agency claims that the contract should be extended by an additional 11 months, due to his hiatus for health reasons in 2018.
Seo Ye-ji’s statement

Responding to reports, Seo Ye-Ji’s management agency, Gold Medalist, said on April 13 that messages exchanged by the two were, “Conversations between lovers showing jealousy over each other’s physical contact with others,” and “A commonly seen quarrel between actors who are dating.”
“After checking with Kim Jung-hyun’s side, we received a clear confirmation that the controversy regarding the drama did not occur because of Seo Ye-ji. It is logically difficult to accept the controversial report that a drama’s lead actor would act exactly as told by someone else without his own free will,” the agency said in a statement.
“All actors apply themselves to the craft of acting by putting aside their quarrels with their partners. We believe that Kim must have had an unavoidable personal matter as well,” Gold Medalist added.
Seo Ye-ji’s alleged bullying and her dubious diploma

Seo debuted with the sitcom, Potato Star 2013QR3, in 2013 and rose to fame through her roles in OCN’s crime drama, Save Me, (2017) before going global in TVN’s hit romance series, It’s Okay to Not Be Okay (2020).
However in recent times she has also been forced to deny allegations she falsified her educational background. Appearing on JTBC’s variety show Knowing Bros in March 2017, Seo said that she attended the Universidad Complutense de Madrid in Spain. However, her agency later explained that she was admitted to the college, she did not actually attend it, instead choosing to pursue her acting career in Korea.
The actress has also faced scrutiny on social media after several posts were uploaded to an online forum by anonymous netizens who claimed they went to the same middle school as Seo. They accused her of school violence, including “slapping and extorting money”. Seo’s agency denied such allegations, saying, “We inform you that the school bullying claims are completely false.”
She has also been accused of mistreating staff by often displaying derogatory and abusive behaviour. Seo’s agency remained silent regarding these allegations.
In the wake of these multiple scandals, the actress was dropped on April 13 from OCN’s fantasy drama, Island, which is scheduled to begin airing in the latter half of 2021, according to AllKpop.Citing personal reasons, Seo didn’t attend the press conference for her upcoming film, Recalled on the same day. “We sincerely apologise for Seo’s failure to attend the press conference for Recalled, causing trouble for staff, actors and reporters,” Seo’s agency said.
Kim Jung-hyun’s apology

Meanwhile, Kim offered a public apology via a handwritten letter on Wednesday. “I have no excuse, I apologise for my mistake and misconduct in the past. I caused so much disappointment for the director, writer, fellow actors, staff and fans, that I wish I could turn back time. My attitude at the press conference for Time was irresponsible and unacceptable,” he said.
Want more stories like this? Sign up here. Follow STYLE on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter.
This article originally appeared on Korea Times.
ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7tK%2FMqWWcp51kuqKzwLOgp52jZMC1xcueZpydnJqvs7XTsmaaqqSesK2xjmxoa3FmbX1wv8SoZLKdXZ%2B2tHnCmqmenaJivLex0Wacr52irsGptc2gZLKnpWK7prHDZqKnp6dirqO71K1kpA%3D%3D